|(c) Donna Herron 2012|
Instead of making rosettes, I just ruffled the fabric around the center and glued it down in place. I meant to take some photos during the assembly process but I forgot :( No matter, both women have good instructions and advice on their blogs above. Here I'll just add my two cents of what I did and wished I'd done differently:
1. For my cardboard base, the outside diameter of my rings was 11 inches and the diameter of the inside hole was about 4.5 inches. I think my twigs are a bit longer and more irregular around the edge than Lauralee's. My wreath is quite wide and fills the entire width of a standard door. I might need to trim it back a bit.
3. Having said that, I kinda wish that I had used all the same sticks from the same type of tree (we had plenty of sticks) for a more uniform texture to the background element. Well, maybe next time :)
4. I made the two fabric strips each 2 inches high for the center decoration. If I were to do it again, I think I would make the black strip wider, so only about 1/2 inch of the brown would be showing. I think it would be more dramatic.
When the holiday season comes, if the wreath is still in one piece, I may fill the center with pinecones for a more wintery look.
Thanks to Lauralee and Delia for sharing their creativity and inspiration!! Check out their blogs for more great ideas!