Friday, April 4, 2014

Friday Favorites: Worry Dolls

I came across this great article by Phyllis Doyle about the history and tradition of Worry Dolls.  Phyllis's article also includes a wonderful tutorial on how to make your own Worry Dolls - a great learning experience for children and a fun activity to recycle some scrap paper and fabric.

Reading this article reminded me that I had a set of dolls which I had made into a brooch.  This was very simple - I just cut a small piece of cardboard, and glued the dolls to it in a line.  Once the glue was dry, I added a pin back.  Easy.

I haven't worn this pin in a while, but after rediscovering it in my jewelry box, I'm going to start wearing it again.  Go check out Phyllis's article and make your own set of Worry Dolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment