Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Quarantine Project #1 - Hearts and Flower Mother's Day Card


Although I haven't been posting, I've managed to complete a few projects during my self-quarantine that I'm excited to share.  The first is a scrapbook paper Mother's Day card that I made for my Mom.  I didn't plan on posting this project, so I didn't take any process photos.  But yesterday I went to the store and noticed there was very little stock in the card aisle.  So I thought others might be looking for a homemade card idea.


It started with a sketch and a simple idea to make a flower using hearts as the petals.  Then when I drew in the background, I thought to add another heart detail to the back.



I traced a number of hearts on to some coordinating scrapbook paper.  I had a small heart sticker that I used as my template for tracing.



I used a pre-made store bought blank cards with an envelope to begin.  I glued down a piece of sky blue paper for my background and added my green landscape.  To create the flower, I layered seven hearts in a circle, alternating the pattern of the paper.  I was going to use a button for the center, but used a gem stone instead.


I wanted my image to have a cute patchwork look to it, so I pulled out a jelly roll opaque white pen I had in my supplies.  I tested this pen on some scrap to see if it would show up on my paper.  It worked perfectly.



I used the pen to draw a dotted line around most of the large images on my card.  I'm pleasantly pleased with the finished look.

For the inside of the card, I searched for a Mother's Day greeting online and printed this out on another piece of paper.  I then trimmed this paper to size and glued it into my card using glue stick.

Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day and find some time for crafting too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment