Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Decorating Ideas: Refresh the Look of Your Fall Wreath!


So, this used to be our fall wreath for our front door.  I bought it at Homegoods about 3 years ago and I still love it.  But with sun and weather, the bright falls colors had faded from the leaf accents on the wreath and it looked a little sad and worn.

I happened to find a super cheap bag of fake leaves at the dollar store.  They were a little cheap looking, but I liked the colors of the leaves and I realized I could use them to pump some cheer back into my wreath.


I figured the easiest way to add these leaves was to hot glue them around the center of the wreath.  The brightness of the new leaves would blend with the existing accents and give the whole wreath a fresh look.



I may decide to add more leaves in spots around the outer edge of my wreath, but for right now, these additional leaves adds the boost of fall color I needed (particularly when viewed from the street).  This was an easy and inexpensive way to extend the life of my wreath.  I'll definitely get one more year of use out of it next fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment